|Class schedule||HW assignments (Including preparation and review of the class.)||Amount of Time Required|
|1.||Understand the necessity of change.
* Learn the overall history of management strategy and change leadership.
* Study the reason why Japanese companies suffer from lower business output.
|Think about the needs to change for the company or the organization.||90minutes|
|Summarize the common symptom in Japanese companies.||90minutes|
* When crisis awareness is shared in organization.
* What leaders should do.
|Pick some examples of crisis from latest news and analyze the cause.||90minutes|
|Think about how to boost the crisis awareness.||90minutes|
|3.||Building the core team
* How to build the core team for the change.
* Facing the opponent group.
|Take example of the week before, think about how to form the change core team.||90minutes|
|Think about how to lead the core members.||90minutes|
|4.||Building a new vision
*What are "mission, vision and strategy"
* Who should build the vision
|Search corporate visions and find the most sympathizable one. Prepare presentation to introduce it.||90minutes|
|Think about proposing the new vision in the company or the organization.||90minutes|
|5.||Communicating the vision
*How to diffuse and share the vision.
* Internal communication and external commitment.
|Plan internal communication methods.||90minutes|
|Think about new way to effectively share the vision||90minutes|
|6.||Accelerating employee's commitment
* How to encourage employees to promote change.
* Organization structure and setting individual objectives
|Prepare idea how to develop human resources.||90minutes|
|Think about model behavior to accelerate the change.||90minutes|
|7.||Achieve short term goal
* Setting the milestone in short range.
* Focus point in the first period.
|Look for some example cases which had short term success.||90minutes|
|Think about priorities in the initial period.||90minutes|
|8.||Continue the road to change
* How to proceed when short term result is positive or negative.
* How to extend the short term goal to long term vision.
|Connect the short term result and long term goal.||90minutes|
|Build your own roadmap including both short term and long term goal||90minutes|
|9.||Install the new process into the organization
* One shot result to corporate culture.
* Top management commitment.
|Check and find the ideal or respected corporate culture.||90minutes|
|Think about various ways to generate the mindset of change in the organization.||90minutes|
|10.||Change leader and change manager
* Requirement for change leader.
* Learn from Konosuke Matsuhita leadership
|Read the "Konosuke" by John. P. Kotter.||90minutes|
|Valuate Konosuke as the change leader.||90minutes|
* Various types of change leaders
* Understand the servant leadership
|Learn or read about servant leadership||90minutes|
|Think about when the servant leadership is needed.||90minutes|
|12.||Case study of Change Leadership
* Car company : crisis and change leaders
* Change management from outsider
* Change leader in the organization
|Learn about Japanese Car Manufacturers||90minutes|
|Think about how the change leaders should behave.||90minutes|
|13.||Case Study 2
* Change leader as top management
* Change leader from grass roots
|Learn about other manufacturers cases||90minutes|
|Final presentation preparation. Pick up one topic from the past assignments and study further to get the deep insight from the case.||90minutes|
|14.||Making use of Kotter's 8 steps
* Summarize the whole steps of change leadership.
* Locate the most important steps for Japanese companies.
|Review all the steps||90minutes|
|Prepare for the final presentation.||90minutes|
|15.||Final presentation and discussion
|Prepare for the presentation.||90minutes|
|Final presentation slides to be submitted.||90minutes|
|Participation||Intermediate presentation||Final presentation||Total.|